Click here to download invitation letter for 63 Annual conference of Assam College Teacher's Association.

College History

The establishment of Dudhnoi College in 1972 has its chequered history, which must needs to be mentioned with reference to the various claims of taking higher education to the masses. It is the culmination of the long drawn aspiration of the people of this locality with a craving for higher education and modern living. Dudhnoi, the Headquarter of Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council, is situated on the South bank of the Brahmaputra within Tribal Sub-plan area under the Dudhnoi (ST) Legislative Assembly Constituency, an area mainly belong to the Tribal and other backward classes with an exclusively agrarian background.

It is the people of the area themselves, who had to strive for establishment this college entirely on public contribution for imparting higher education to their children. Everyone of the locality contributed generously either physically or financially towards the establishment of this institution and had to try heart and soul to manage it, till after long persuasion, the deficit system of Grants – in – aid from the Government of Assam was received. The college is thus virtually a people's institution – an institution by the people, for the people.

Dudhnoi College was registered under the Society Registration Act XXI of 1869 in the year 1977 – 78 with the following aims and objectives:

•  To provide scope for Higher Education in Arts.

•  To provide scope for Higher Education in Science.

•  To provide scope for Higher Education in Commerce.

Although, the College was establishment on 1 st June, 1972 , the degree class in Arts faculty was stared on 1 st June, 1975 and affiliated to Gauhati University from the session 1976 – 77. The Science stream in Higher Secondary level was initially stared in the year 1985 and was later upgraded to Degree level in the year 1987. The College was brought under the Deficit System of Grants – in – aid in 1978 for Arts and in 1996 for Science stream. Subsequently the college was accorded permanent affiliation by Gauhati University from the session 1989 – 90 and was included under 2(f) and 12 (B) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.

With a modest beginning, the college presently has a campus of total land area of 27.45 acres. At present, there are 16(Sixteen) departments in both Arts and Science faculties, besides having a Vocational Course in Industrial Fish and Fisheries. The college community now consists of 64 faculty members, 35 non – teaching members and 450 students in degree classes. Besides this, as a measure of its “Welfare Programme” and “Community Orientation” the college also gives education to about 500 higher secondary students.



Student's Corner